Stacey Duran, Instruction & Collection Development Librarian, Boston University School of Theology Library.
The Boston University School of Theology Library boasts an extensive Missions Collections in the its Special Collections and Archives, including over 6,000 books on global missions and several large archival microfilm collections, from the UMC, PCUSA, CMS, IMC/CBMS, and more!
- learn about the history of the Missions Collections at our library.
- learn to conduct archival research across formats from manuscripts to print books to microfilm.
- be able to identify and use the print indices to our archival microfilm holdings.
- be able to load and use the library microfilm readers.
- explore our missions collections' broad range of material across time periods, regions, languages, and denominations or sending organizations.
- begin to see how the history of Christian missions has impacted global Christianity today.
Slides, Handouts, and Videos:
ACRL Information Literacy Framework: Research as Inquiry.