The Church Missionary Society Archive from the University of Birmingham Library. Microform. Marlborough, Wiltshire: Adam Matthew Publications.
The Church Missionary Society (CMS) was founded in 1799 as an independent voluntary society within the Church of England, whose aim was to send missionaries to “the continent of Africa and other parts of the heathen world”. CMS missionaries spread the gospel not only through evangelistic work but through education and medical care, by providing schools for children, colleges for adults, training in industry for men, and in crafts and household skills for women and medical training for those who worked in the hospitals and dispensaries.
These files are now available online.
We continue to hold the Microfilm collections as well, but encourage those with BU passwords to use the online searchable database.