- Requires scholars who have received NIH funding for their research to deposit the final, peer-reviewed manuscripts into PubMed Central upon final acceptance for publication. Must be made publicly available within 12 months of publication.
Wellcome Trust Position Statement in Support of Open and Unrestricted Access to Published Research
- Wellcome is a major independent organization in the U.K. that funds research with the aim of improving human and animal health. It requires that any paper funded by the organization and accepted for publication by a peer-reviewed journal be deposited in PubMedCentral or UK PubMed Central and made available within six months of publication.
- CIHR will require researchers who receive funding from the organization to make their original research papers freely available online within six months of publication.
- Requires that all peer-reviewed publications from ERC- funded research projects be deposited in a respository and made “open access” within six months of publication.
- Lists the open access policies of various research funders. Includes funders from the UK, Europe, United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Open Access policy that enables the unrestricted access and reuse of all peer-reviewed published research funded, in whole or in part, by the foundation, including any underlying data sets.