Sherpa/RoMeo (Publisher Copyright Policies and Self-Archiving)
- Provides a summary of the copyright policies of numerous publishers and categorizes them in terms of restrictions related to self-archiving.
SPARC (Resources for Authors)
- The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition website has several publications related to copyright and author rights. These are free and can be downloaded. There are also links to other related resources.
- A non-profit organization that enables people to license the material they wish to publish while keeping the copyright and choosing the restrictions they want to place on the copying and redistribution of those works.
Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Center
- Its emphasis is on copyright issues especially relevant to the education and library community, including examples of fair use and policies. Useful copyright charts and tools are continually added to help users evaluate copyright status and best practices.
- Provides visual maps that allow users to track copyright information for a particular citation.