A facsimile is a photographic reproduction of an original manuscript or early printed edition, enabling study without having to travel to see the original in person.
- Include the word "facsimile" in your BU Libraries search to find them online or in our print collection.
- If results include multiple versions, click on "More Information" in individual records and look for "Facsimiles" in the subject listing.
To find a facsimile edition of Handel's Messiah:
- Search BU Libraries search for Handel messiah facsimile
- For the result "Handel's conducting score of Messiah," click on "See all versions."
- If necessary, filter results to Scores as a material type.
- Click on "More Information" on individual records to find one with "Facsimiles" in the subject, leading to: