Skip to Main Content
Other Article & Book Databases
Google Scholar Google Scholar provides access to academic literature from many disciplines. The sources include articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions and come from diverse places including academic publishers, online repositories and other websites.
- Use menu bar in the upper left of the page and choose Advanced Search
- Enter author’s name and title if available
- Using quotation marks around the full name of an author may be useful
- Within results, click on Cited By link
HeinOnline Hein Online is a PDF collection of primary and secondary legal materials including: law reviews, law journals, and bar journals; treatises; federal statutes and legislative materials; federal regulations and executive materials; Supreme Court cases; selected state materials; titles from the American Law Institute and National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws; and a growing collection of international legal materials including United Nations publications and treaties.
- Choose Law Journal Library
- Enter author’s name, last name first, and title of article if looking for citations to a particular article
- Click the Cited By link on the right side of the page.
IEEE Xplore IEEE Xplore Digital Library includes access to the full text of IEEE content published since 1988 with select content published since 1872 from IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, IEEE conference proceedings, IET journals and conference proceedings and the IEEE-Wiley eBooks Library including titles from 1974-2015
- Choose Author Search if looking for citations to a particular author and enter first and last name
- List of articles by the author will appear with a link to citing articles for each article
- One can also choose Citation Search under Advanced Search or Other Search Options for a more specific search
MathSciNet (American Mathematical Society) MathSciNet is a database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for the mathematical sciences. Reviews are classified and searchable according to the Mathematics Subject Classification. Continues the publication Mathematical Reviews, first published in 1940. Reviewers are selected by a staff of professional mathematicians to write reviews of current literature. Date coverage: Full text 1940 - present with bibliographic data and some full text for articles back to the early 1800s.
- Click Citations button at top of the page
- Use buttons at top of page to search by author, journal, subject, year, or top 10 lists
- If searching by author, enter author’s last name and first initial of first name. Be sure to put a comma between the last name and the initial
- The publications list will show the number of citations for each publication in descending order
- Click into the number at the beginning of each citation to see the full citation and abstract
- Citations will appear in a box on the right side of the page
PubMed Comprehensive coverage of abstracts to the biomedical literature. Includes medicine, the allied health disciplines, and biomedical literature. Date Coverage: 1809 (selectively) - present.
- Enter author’s name
- Click specific title in result list
- An abstract will appear. Below the abstract is a list of Cited By # PubMed Central Articles, including links.
ScienceDirect ScienceDirect is a general science database that searches journal articles and book chapters in all areas of science, technology, and health. ScienceDirect also provides full text access to a number of major reference works, allows the user to create email alerts for specific journal titles, book series, or research topics, and provides access to a limited number of "pre-pub" articles (articles accepted for publication but not yet officially released). Date coverage: varies by publication.
- Choose Advanced Search
- Enter author's name in search box
- Enter title of article
- Click into article
- See Citing Articles link on the right side of the page