BU Librarians recommend RefWorks as the best tool to manage citations. Accounts are free for the BU community, and most importantly RefWorks can automatically create a bibliography in hundreds of styles.
Follow these steps to create your free RefWorks account:
- Go to https://refworks.proquest.com/ and click on "Create account"
- Enter your BU email address and click on the "Check" button.
- Type in a password of at least 6 characters and click on the "Sign Up" button. (Make sure to make a note of the password.)
- Check your BU email for a message from RefWorks. Click on the link provided in the email. Sign in to RefWorks using your email address and the password you created.
- Enter your first and last name and select your BU status from the drop-down menu on the lower right. Then click the "Next" button.
That's it. You can click through the brief tutorial or choose to skip it. Either way, your RefWorks account will be set up and ready to use.
Questions or problems? Email email@example.com.
For more on RefWorks, see the RefWorks page on the Create Bibliographies Guide.