Skip to Main Content
Instructions for Downloading Organization and Financial Data
- To enable downloading of multiple organizations from Guidestar Premium (Candid), you will need to log into the database. First click on the "Sign in" link next to "Boston University" in the upper right-hand corner on any page to go to the sign-in screen. Use email@example.com as the email address and pardeelib as the password.
- Type an organization name (example: United Way Worldwide) in the Search Box and then click on the Search button.
- On the results page you can narrow your search by Geography (ex. state, zip code, metro statistical area, city or county), Organization (ex. seal of transparency, subject area, affiliation type, diversity, etc.) or Financials (ex. revenue, total expenses or total assets).
- To choose an individual organization you will need to:
--Click on the checkbox next to the organization's name and then pull down the "Selected' check box to "Add Selected Records To Download Queue".
To choose a page of search results you will need to:
--Click on the "Download all" button on the right hand side of the page.
- This will bring up a pop-up box where you can download your queue or edit your download queue.
- To retrieve your results you will need to click on "My Download Queue".
- The "Download queue" page will have a section called "Download history" where you can download your results. Click on the "Download" button for your file name to download the date into Microsoft Excel. You can also delete any saved organizations from the "Organizations saved for download" section.
- Remember to sign out when you are done downloading. Click on "Sign Out" by pulling down on the Boston University Library link located at the top right corner of any page.
Assistant Head, Information Services