1. Enter the company name or ticker (for example SBUX).
2. Below is the Company Details page for Starbucks. This page contains company information such as key executives, competitors, company filings, and company reports. Choose the Company Financials tab.
3.. Then choose Ratios in the menu bar.
4. By default, Mergent shows the company’s ratios for the last five years. You can view more years by using the pull-down menu that reads “5 Years/Quarters.” You can also download these ratios to to Excel using the link in the upper-right corner.
You can also create reports comparing your company to its industry.
1. To compare your company against its industry, choose the Report Builder tab from the Company Details page. Click Comparison Reports.
2. Choose the peer group to which you want to compare your company. You can group by primary NAICS or SIC, worldwide or USA only. You can also choose to include all companies in your report, or only the top 10, 25, or 50.
3. Choose the ratios you want to include by using the arrow keys. To include multiple years, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and highlight the years you want to include under “Which year(s)?”. Check off the “Include average in headings” box to get aggregate figures for the whole industry. Select your report format and click "Create Report".
4. A sample report is shown below. Note the peer average figures shown in the top row.
Finally, you can also create reports comparing your company to its competitors.
1. First, from the Company Details page, click on the Competitors tab.
2. Click the link to "Add all to Company Analysis List."
3. Expand the My Mergent Tools menu on the right-hand side and follow the link to the Company Analysis List.
4. Click Company Comparison Report at the top of the page.
5. You may add specific companies to the report by selecting them from the left-hand menu and clicking the single arrow, or simply add all by clicking the double arrow.
6. Select your desired Ratios from the menu on the left-hand side. Then choose a report format from the dropdown menu at the bottom and click Create Report.