eBook records are in the BULS catalog. You also can search for and within eBooks directly in ProQuest Ebook Central and in our other eBook collections -- by title, if you know it, or with keywords.
Two online resources are available while covid-19 keeps libraries closed:
Hathi Trust Digital Library.
When a BU print book is available in Hathi Trust, the BULS record looks like this:
- In BULS, click on the link (example): Full Text Available at HathiTrust
- LOG IN (choose your partner institution) Boston University (top upper right)
- Sign IN with your BU Login
- Scroll down to Viewability and click on Temporary Access
- Check Out the book (top upper right)
- Return Early or Check In the book (top upper right) so someone else can access it.
- LOG OUT (top upper)
To access a book that is not in the public domain, the IA display looks like this:
To log in, sign up for an account at the Internet Archive.
You can use your BU email address but not your Kerberos password.
Or, use any one of your email addresses.
Internet Archive National Emergency Library: closing June 16, 2020