Stacey Duran, Instruction & Collection Development Librarian, Boston University School of Theology Library.
This workshop presents an outline of what resources are needed for strong Biblical exegesis papers, and how to find them in the library and through key library databases.
Participants will learn to:
- Find and use major Biblical commentaries
- Determine appropriate and useful standalone or thematic commentaries
- Find important contextual and supporting information from historical and archaeological resources
- Search within the ATLA Religion database with ATLASerials PLUS
- Search simultaneously across the ATLA Religion database, New Testament Abstracts, and Old Testament Abstracts
- Search for articles related to specific Biblical scripture citations and pericopes (passages) using the ATLA Hierarchical Scripture Authority.
ACRL Information Literacy Framework: Searching as Strategic Exploration; Authority is Constructed and Contextual.