Get an overview of how an industry operates, the trends, and more. The most notable industry surveys are the S&P Industry Surveys through NetAdvantage.
Go to: the Industry Survey Locator - A database of industry surveys that appear in databases and other reference materials. A good first place to check for industry surveys and overviews.
Selected Industry Reports:
- Computer: Hardware – Standard & Poors Net Advantage, MarketLine (Formerly Datamonitor)
- Computer Manufacturing – IBISWorld Industry Reports
- Computers: Consumer Services and the Internet – Standard & Poors Industry Surveys
- PCs – Mintel, MarketLine (Formerly Datamonitor)
Health and Life Sciences:
- Biotechnology - Standard & Poors NetAdvantage, IBISWorld, MarketLine (FormerlyDatamonitor), Hoovers Industry Snapshots, Mergent
- Healthcare: Pharmaceuticals - Standard & Poors NetAdvantage
- Pharmaceuticals – MarketLine (Formerly Datamonitor), Hoovers Industry Snapshots, Mergent
Many Online Databases are included in the Locator:
The databases listed below are not available in the Industry Survey Locator, but will be very helpful for finding information on technology and healthcare industries:
Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan reports cover technology and market trends in various technology, energy and manufacturing related fields. In-depth market research and strategy reports with international coverage. Includes the following industry sectors: healthcare; communication technologies; industrial automation and electronics; energy and power systems; aerospace and defense; environmental and building technologies. These reports can only be viewed in html format.
Gartner, Inc. is a well-known information technology research and advisory company that provides insights to help clients make informed decisions related to information technology. Reports contain research findings and advice on technology markets, topics, and industries. Gartner Research is provided to the BU community through BU’s Information Services and Technology’s subscription. Log in to the website using your BU login name and Kerberos password.
For additional resources on healthcare, see the Health Management guide.
For additional resources on technology, see the Information Technology guide.
For resources on sustainability, take a look at the Energy & Sustainability guide.